Properties: Relaxant, Sedative, Antirheumatic, Analgesic, Anti-allergenic
What is Chamomile Tea?
Chamomile tea is a beverage made from dried chamomile flowers. It has become one of the most widely used and popular teas both for
enjoying and for health benefits. The chamomile plant is native to Northern Africa and Western Europe but is grown all over the world today.1 There are two primary
types of chamomile: German and Roman. They both have similar chamomile tea benefits, but offer different tastes.1 German chamomile is thought to have a stronger
taste than Roman chamomile, and its health benefits have also been researched more.2
Chamomile Tea Health Uses and Health Benefits
Chamomile tea has many versatile health benefits because it’s a natural anti-inflammatory and contains antioxidants. Chamomile tea benefits include:1 2
Chamomile tea uses include being a natural remedy for treating and preventing the following conditions:
- Lowering stress levels and controlling anxiety and depression
- Creating a sense of relaxation and tranquility
- Helping improve sleep quality
- Easing menstrual symptoms, including cramping and pain
- Improving hair, skin, teeth and nail health
- Preventing disease with antioxidant content that kills free radicals
- Reducing pain and inflammation
- Improving digestive health, including treating nausea, diarrhea, acid reflux and indigestion
- Helping fight skin, breast, ovarian and prostate cancers due to antioxidant content
- Relieving congestion from colds or sinus infections
- Lowering risk of coronary heart disease in elderly men
- Insomnia (Sleep Disorder) - Chamomile tea can help relax muscles and lower stress levels, which can help induce sleep.
- Panic Attack - Chamomile tea is known to help lower stress and reduce anxiety, which can help treat and prevent panic attacks.
- Restless Leg Syndrome - Chamomile tea can help to relax tense muscles, which can help control restless leg syndrome.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Chamomile tea has natural soothing and relaxation health benefits that can help relax the digestive system. This can help stop irritable bowel syndrome symptoms like bloating and gas.
- Upset Stomach - Chamomile tea can help sooth and relax stomach muscles. This can help eliminate nausea, cramping, indigestion or anything else causing an upset stomach.
Chamomile Tea Side Effects and Precautions
There are no serious chamomile tea side effects. However, if you suffer from seasonal allergies, do not use chamomile tea as
it can cause allergic reactions. Chamomile tea may also cause uterine contractions, so only take a mild chamomile tea if you are pregnant.1
See comments on the community forum
Read what people are talking about this product click here
CuresDecoded worldwide community recommends Chamomile Tea for: