Scientific Name: methylsulfonylmethane
Common Names: Methylsulfonylmethane
Properties: Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-arthritic, Anti-allergenic
What is MSM?
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is an organic sulfur compound that naturally occurs in the human body. MSM is often taken as a dietary
supplement that supports several functions in the body for better health.1 Sulfur itself is the fourth most abundant mineral in the body and is vitally important
for many different every day functions. By taking an MSM supplement, people can help enhance these specific sulfur-driven functions for improved overall health.1 2
MSM can be taken in a few different ways. It’s available as a topical treatment, which is popular for joint-pain relief. But MSM is also available as an oral
supplement to take daily.1
MSM Health Uses and Health Benefits
There are many well-known MSM benefits for health. Researchers have already concluded that MSM is an important supplement for improving
joint health, which is especially important for people suffering from arthritis.1 2 Here are some of the important MSM benefits:1 2
- Helps form connective tissue in joints, ligaments and tendons
- Reduces digestive inflammation such as with leaky gut syndrome
- Treats and heals hemorrhoids
- Rejuvenates skin and repairs skin discoloration
- Reduces muscle pain and spasms
- Improves muscle recovery after sports injuries
- Increases hair growth
- Helps the body adapt to stress by elevating mood and energy levels
- Supports detoxification throughout the body by helping to kill free radicals
- Helps treat respiratory allergies
- Boosts immune system function
- Improves circulation
- Controls high blood pressure
MSM uses for treating conditions and improving health include:
- Allergies (Allergy) - MSM uses include being a supplement used to help manage seasonal allergies that cause runny nose.
- Asthma - MSM can help increase respiratory health and reduce symptoms of asthma.
- Bell’s Palsy - MSM can help improve nerve function and treat Bell’s palsy.
- Brain Cancer - MSM helps to support the production of glutathione, which is an important antioxidant in the body responsible for killing free radicals. Free radicals can lead to causing diseases in the body such as brain cancer.
- Fibrocystic Breast - MSM helps to rebuild the lining of the digestive tract, which becomes damaged in people with irritable bowel syndrome.
MSM Side Effects and Precautions
MSM side effects are limited as it is a naturally occurring compound in the body. Some people may experience mild MSM side effects like indigestion or diarrhea.1
See comments on the community forum
Read what people are talking about this product click here
CuresDecoded worldwide community recommends MSM for: