Common Names: Peroxide 3%, Hydrogen Peroxide
Properties: Anti-fungal, Antibacterial, Detoxifier, Antiseptic, Anti-microbial, Antiparasitic, Disinfectant, Cleansing
What is Peroxide?
Peroxide 3% is a colorless liquid that is used as a common household product as a cleaning agent and disinfectant. It is also used as a common medicinal treatment to heal a number of common ailments.1 There are different concentrations of hydrogen peroxide, and the common household product is a concentration of 3%. Therefore, it is also known as peroxide 3%.
Hydrogen peroxide is applied topically when used in a medicinal capacity. It is applied using a cotton pad soaked in the hydrogen peroxide liquid.
Peroxide 3% Uses and Health Benefits
Hydrogen peroxide offers a number of health benefits which make it great as a home remedy. Here are some of the top hydrogen peroxide benefits:2
- Heals wounds fast and with minimal scarring
Because of the versatility of this product, there are several hydrogen peroxide uses to help treat different ailments. Most commonly, hydrogen peroxide for skin is used to help treat skin conditions and infections. Another use is hydrogen peroxide for acne to help clear the infection and skin inflammation.
Another popular use is hydrogen peroxide for teeth to help bleach them and return them to a white color. Hydrogen peroxide for ear infection can also help to cure this painful ailment.
Here are others top peroxide 3 percent uses:
- Vaginosis - Use hydrogen peroxide for BV (bacterial vaginosis) as an effective treatment to reduce the presence of a bacterial infection.
- Canker Sores - Treating canker sores is one of the best hydrogen peroxide remedies. Hydrogen peroxide can help to heal canker sores by reducing inflammation and acting as an antiseptic. Use diluted hydrogen peroxide as a gargle or mouthwash.
- Cold Sores - Hydrogen peroxide can be applied directly to canker sores to help treat the infection and reduce inflammation.
- Ear Infection - Ear infections or earwax buildup can be treated using a hydrogen peroxide flush which helps to disinfect and reduce inflammation.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Use specialized food grade hydrogen peroxide for rheumatoid arthritis to help reduce active inflammation.
- Ringworm - Hydrogen peroxide can be used to treat ringworm, which is a fungal infection that appears on the skin. Apply hydrogen peroxide topically to affected areas to help clear the fungal infection.
Peroxide 3% Side Effects and Precautions
When used carefully and appropriately, hydrogen peroxide can be a safe product to use for treatments. However, there are many precautions to be concerned about when using hydrogen peroxide.3,4
- Always store hydrogen peroxide safely away from children and pets.
- When using hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash or gargle, do not swallow the product. If you swallow more than 2 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide call poison control and your physician.
- Hydrogen peroxide can cause allergic reactions to the skin, mouth and eyes which includes itchiness, swelling, hives or a tightness in the throat or chest.
- Do not use this product on deep wounds, animal bites or serious burns.
If your symptoms haven’t improved within a week of using hydrogen peroxide, see your doctor about your condition.
See comments on the community forum
Read what people are talking about this product click here
CuresDecoded worldwide community recommends Peroxide for: